15 Mar What to Wear To Memory Ball: Men’s Edition
Men’s Style for Memory Ball
Memory Ball is coming in a few short weeks and the question begins to rise: what to wear to the ball? While the ladies worry about their dress lengths and which heels to wear, I’ve put together a few outfit ideas for the guys. There are lots of ways for men to look sharp under the “semi-formal” dress code, so here is some inspiration to think about!
With spring in the air, perhaps it’s time to go for colour? You don’t need to go full on crayon box, but rather choose one pop of color that stands out. For example, this yellow blazer from Marc by Marc Jacobs (available at Holt Renfrew), paired with a black shirt, black skinny tux trousers and black leather croc belt from Topman. Finish off with this metallic shoe from Magnanni (available at Browns) and you’ve got yourself a statement, very on trend look.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Blazer http://tinyurl.com/ctrx8xr
- Topman shirt http://tinyurl.com/br5534g
- Topman pants http://tinyurl.com/ca2bumg
- Topman belt http://tinyurl.com/cg5lh8o
- Magnanni shoes http://tinyurl.com/c2prza9
If you want to go for a more classic look, I suggest opting for a navy suit, a fresh look for spring. J. Crew’s Ludlow suit in Italian Chino is great for spring and summer weather, with options for both jacket and pant fit and style. While you’re there, pick up J. Crew’s gingham oxford and dotted knit tie. Ground the look with ALDO Mr. B’s grey oxford lace-ups for a clean and classic look. If you want to add some flare, try this animal print bandana pocket square from Club Monaco.
- J. Crew suit http://tinyurl.com/dy6jejl
- J. Crew shirt http://tinyurl.com/agq57fs
- J. Crew tie http://tinyurl.com/bwprvub
- ALDO Mr B.’s shoes http://tinyurl.com/d3g9nfo
- Club Monaco pocket square http://tinyurl.com/c8zl3oh
For the rock star, it’s all about breaking the rules, but still getting by. Try mixing high and low with this wine colored suit from Topman, paired with an oversized T-shirt like this one from Alexander Mc Queen layered on top of a printed dress shirt from Joe Fresh. Finish off the look with these ALDO studded lace ups.
- Topman suit http://tinyurl.com/d3fknzb
- Joe Fresh shirt http://tinyurl.com/d9s4s6f
- ALDO shoes http://tinyurl.com/c9g7cjs
- Alexander Mcqueen t-shirt http://tinyurl.com/ax9czuo
Whatever you decide to wear, make sure you choose a good fit and something you are confident in. If you feel good, you’ll look good. See you at Memory Ball
Alexander Liang is an entrepreneur, stylist and fashion editor. As the Editor-in-Chief of KENTON magazine, Alex travels to all the major fashion shows worldwide each season. Follow his personal style blog at http://www.alexanderliang.com/.