It’s that time of the year – spring has sprung, patio season has begun, and it’s time for the BIG Memory Ball reveal!
We are absolutely thrilled to announce the success of the 6th Annual Memory Ball presented by Feature Foods. With your support, we raised a grand total of $100,000 for the Alzheimer Society of Toronto! That’s right, we raised ONE-HUNDRED-THOUSAND dollars this year! We could not have done this without all of those who came out to our 6th annual event and could not be more impressed by your generosity, enthusiasm, (stellar dance moves) and continued support!
Memory Ball was held on Saturday, April 1, 2017, at the historic Palais Royale Ballroom, with our MC Caroline Cameron of Sportsnet Central.
This year’s event had a lot of exciting firsts, including:
- Our first ever themed Memory Ball! Our Mind the Gap theme brought together our love for all things British with a unique opportunity to raise awareness around the significant gaps that exist in the world of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- The theme was also the focal point of one of our activations. Guests were asked to contribute to our Mind the Gap sign by sharing their thoughts on the gaps that exist in the care and supports available to those living with Alzheimer’s disease.
- A wonderful live band featuring some familiar British classics!
- An online, interactive silent auction supported by Givergy. This provided our guests with the opportunity to peruse the items in the silent auction on their phones and place their bids throughout the night in real-time.
- Toronto’s own, DJ Conor Cutz, spinning some rad tunes while we danced the night away!
- Last but certainly not least, the spectacular J.P. Wiser’s Backroom.
And of course – we continued our tradition of providing guests with Absolut Elyx vodka and herring from Feature Foods, a GIF photo booth, and an epic swag bag that included a burrito from our beloved Burrito Boyz to cap off the night!
With this year’s fantastic fundraising efforts, Memory Ball has raised a grand total of $410,000 over the past six years. These funds will be used to increase public awareness around dementia and Alzheimer’s disease, to support research activities, to advocate for services that respect the dignity of the individual and to provide supports for caregivers. Direct beneficiaries of these efforts include people living with dementia, their families and caregivers.
We’d like to thank Memory Ball’s presenting sponsor Feature Foods in addition to all other major sponsors including Dr. Daniel C. Andreae, J.P. Wiser’s Whisky, Absolut Vodka, Jacob’s Creek Wines, Campo Viejo, Beefeater Gin, Kenwood Vineyards, Craft Public Relations, Bud Light, P&B Marketing, Silvert’s, Stikeman Elliott, JC Clark Investments, Final Coat, Education First, Red Roof Realty Inc., and Rady-Pentek & Edward Surveying. And of course, all of you who came out to the event and are so passionate about ending Alzheimer’s disease!
We’re busy planning for the next Memory Ball and upcoming fundraising events throughout 2017 and into 2018. If you’re interested in becoming involved, please check out the Young Leaders Council website or email us at info[at]memoryball.org.