02 Sep Memory Ball Is Seeking an Accounting Volunteer
You an accountant? We got numbers that need accounting.
We’re looking for you and your Alzheimer’s kicking attitude.
● Assist the Finance Chair in tracking all incoming and outgoing funds of Memory Ball (includes online sales/donations, cash/cheque donations, and e-transfers)
● Liaising with the committee members and volunteers about financial matters including tracking of expense reimbursements, cash or e-transfers, donations, ticket sales, etc.
● Corresponding with the sponsorship team to help maintain updated listings of sponsors and outstanding donations
● Support the Finance Chair is maintaining organized documentation for tax receipts and work in cooperation with the Alzheimer Society of Toronto
Additional Responsibilities Include:
● Attendance at all Memory Ball committee meetings and events (approximately 1 meeting every 2 weeks and 3-4 events per year)
● Contributing to the planning and execution of the Memory Ball event
● Assist in fundraising strategy of the organisation
Desired Skills and Experience:
● A new graduate with a full-time career in finance and/or accounting is preferred (working towards a CPA, CA designation considered an asset)
● Commitment, integrity, objectivity and accountability to Memory Ball
● Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
● Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
● A passion for promoting awareness for Alzheimer’s Disease and brain health
Please note: this position is voluntary and does not pay a salary.